We review the types of legumes you can consume at home, we also give you recipes and nutritional information. Take the opportunity to taste less common varieties, such as green beans, shells or chick peas.Advertising - Continue reading below TYPES OF VEGETABLES Miriam Yeleq
Within each category, there are endless varieties and all very beneficial.
- Gamilky rbanzos. Its shape is thick and elongated, with grooves and yellowish white. Rich in salads.
- Red lentils In size it is similar to pardina, but not in its red-orange color. Its cooking is short: 15-20 minutes approx. and does not require soaking. By not containing skin, they are digested better, since they are almost discarded. Excellent for purees, creams and soups.
- Dried beans. Their nutritional values (phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, protein and fiber) multiply in relation to fresh ones. They can be dressed for appetizers, or in traditional dishes.
- Green peas. Compounds mostly of water, with very few calories. It contains vitamins - especially A and C - and minerals. They should not be cooked more than a couple of minutes. Delicious in creams or as a garnish, seasoned with salt and olive oil.
- Red soybeans It is also known as bean or Adzuki bean and is a small, rounded legume, which is stewed like any other and requires prior soaking. Its sweet taste makes it suitable for pastries, for example, in the form of a filling paste of the popular Doriyaki sweets.
- Lupins A low-valued legume that, however, enjoys virtues that live up to others as fashionable as soy or chia. They provide very few fats and are satiating, so they are perfect in weight loss diets.
- Farm Judgment. What we know today was very different from what began to be cultivated in the Segovian town three centuries ago. Its progressive selection would end up modifying appearance and flavor and distinguishing "light years" from ordinary beans. The appearance is smooth, without roughness, and the bean is more buttery and tender.
- Tolosa beans. Bright black, it is highly appreciated for the dark color of its broth, its softness to the touch and its nutritional qualities. It provides proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamin B and fiber.
- 300 gr of cooked chickpeas
- 300 gr of fresh spinach
- 2 natural yogurts
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Ras el Hanout (typical Moroccan spice mixture that can be substituted for a combination of black pepper, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, paprika and ginger)
- extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200º. Dry the chickpeas. Put them on a tray and bake for 10 min. while removing them several times. Withdraw
Extract the lemon juice and pour half into a bowl with 2 tablespoons of oil and spices. Mix, add the chickpeas and stir so that they are impregnated well. Place them on the tray again and bake 10 min. Withdraw
Mix the yogurts with the other half of the juice, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve the chickpeas over the spinach and dress with the sauce.
This chickpea puree It is a dish originally from the Middle East. With a smooth and fine texture, it can be eaten with pita bread or with crudités in strips: carrot, pepper, zucchini, etc. You need chickpeas; if they are dry, soak them the night before and cook them, or buy them previously cooked, garlic, tahini (sesame seed paste), lemon juice, salt and ice water.
Crush the chickpeas in the blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Add ice water (you will avoid making a compact dough) and continue beating until it mixes very well. Put the hummus in a bowl protected with plastic wrap and let stand in the fridge 30 min. Serve with paprika and a drizzle of virgin olive oil.Chickpea and cod stew
A Easter classic that can be enjoyed all year.
The full recipe is here.How to preserve legumes
If they are in bulk, put them in a cool and dry place and in a container that does not let light through. Once cooked, put them in the fridge in an airtight tupper. They endure days, and frozen, several months.
INFO You will avoid the gases, pouring a spoonful of baking soda into the cooking and breaking the boil with cold water.Jars for vegetables
Recovers a key pillar in the Mediterranean diet: legumes. With a high content of proteins of plant origin, they contribute energy to the body, fiber to the digestive system and elements such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine and potassium, which favor neuromuscular functioning. From Lene Bjerre: jars (from € 7.80) and curtain.
To buy Jar for honey.Welcome pots and soups
If you want to enjoy the taste of legumes to the fullest, the bowls concentrate the aromas better and keep the food hot for longer than a deep dish.
To buy Sakura and Maiko de Pomax bowls (from € 4.95).Legumes in the gastronomy of the 21st century Amazon.es amazon.es Buy
From the Spanish Academy of Gastronomy € 17.75.Leggings for legumes Amazon.co.uk amazon.co.uk Buy
Textile cooking mesh for legumes € 12.77 (Set of 3).Jars for vegetables Amazon.co.uk amazon.co.uk Buy
Pack 4 boats with aluminum lid. Recyclable, 100% BPA Free € 11.87.